The Sejm adopted a bill introducing the necessary aid solutions for entrepreneurs using the EU operational programmes. The new provisions are to apply until 31 December 2020.
Special act on support for operational programmes – assistance for companies benefiting from EU funds
The act passed by the Sejm on 3 April 2020 provides for the provision of appropriate mechanisms to support companies benefiting from EU funds. The adopted solutions will make it possible to mitigate the negative impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the implementation and enforcement of EU operational programmes. The amendments include the following measures supporting entrepreneurs:
- the possibility of classifying as eligible expenditures on purposes not fulfilled due to a pandemic,
- the possibility to set by the competent institution conducting the competitions a new deadline for submitting applications in these competitions,
- the possibility of extending the deadlines for completing and amending the applications,
- no legal consequences arising from the failure to comply with the deadline for submitting a grant application due to COVID-19, if the delay does not exceed 14 days,
- introducing an extraordinary project selection mode,
- the possibility of granting relief from the payment of commitments at the request of the debtor,
- if a beneficiary does not reimburse funds as a result of COVID-19, it will not cause exclusion from receiving funds in subsequent EU programmes,
- the possibility for the competent institution to extend the deadline for lodging a protest,
- the possibility of suspending controls and audits, unless they can be carried out remotely.
Learn more: Coronavirus: the project of Anti-Crisis Shield 2.0
The act is to enter into force on the day following its publication and the detailed provisions are to apply retroactively from 1 February 2020. This means that the new regulations will also apply to re-useable funds from the 2007-2013 programmes.
Business law – see how we can help: