The Council of Ministers adopted an ordinance extending and expanding support for companies under the sector shield. Support is available from 1 February 2021 to businesses operating in the most affected sectors.
The next stage of the sector shield is to help the businesses affected by the pandemic maintain financial liquidity. The support includes, among other things, exemption from payment of ZUS contributions, wage subsidies for firms in the tourism sector and subsidies for micro and small businesses.
Industry shield 7.0 – what changes and who will get help?
The value of aid from the new shield is estimated at over PLN 5 billion and includes 4 forms of support:
- Exemption from payment of contributions to ZUS, Labour Fund, Solidarity Fund, Guaranteed Employment Benefit Fund (FGŚP) and Bridging Pension Fund (FEP) for December 2020 and January 2021 or only January 2021 – condition: an entity was reported as a contribution payer before 1 November 2020 and operating income obtained in one of the two months preceding the month of submitting the application was lower by at least 40% in relation to the income obtained in the relevant comparative period.
- Repeated idle time pay (once or twice) – condition: decrease in operating income obtained in one of the two months preceding the month of submitting the application was at least 40% lower than in the comparative period.
- A one-off subsidy to cover the running costs of micro and small enterprises – condition: operating income obtained in the month preceding the submission of the application was lower as a result of COVID-19 by at least 40 percent in relation to the income in the relevant comparative period.
- Co-financing of employee remuneration from the FGŚP fund (for 3 months, from the moment of submitting the application, deadline for applications: 31 March 2021) – condition: decrease in income in one of the three months preceding the month of submitting the application by at least 40% in relation to the income in the relevant comparative period. Available only to companies operating with the code 55.10.Z, 55.20.Z, 55.30.Z, 79.11.A and 79.12.Z.
Learn more: PFR 2.0 Financial Shield launched: firms can apply for financial support
Up to 300,000 people may obtain support and not only from sectors already covered by the sector shield.
This is because the support from the new shield is also intended for companies operating under the following PKD (Polish Classification of Activities) codes:
- 55.10.Z Hotels and similar accommodation
- 55.20.Z Holiday and other short-stay accommodation
- 55.30.Z Camping grounds (including caravan parks) and campsites
- 79.11.A Travel agency activities
- 79.12.Z Tour operator activities,
- 52.23.Z Service activities incidental to air transportation.
Company law – see how we can help: